Monday, February 05, 2007

A Long Haul

I've realized as I'm now a month into the chemotherapy process that it will be a long haul. Friends and family tell me I'm holding up well. I can only say, I have to. Ronnie will be receiving chemo for 17 more months. Yes, there will be some breaks, but we won't be done until June of 2008. I can't fall apart now. Some days I might want to. Some days are better than others, but I've got to keep going. But yes, there are some days where it's not hard to keep going.

I've started knitting scarves for many of the medical personnel that are involved with Ronnie's care. I'll start posting pictures when I figure out how. One positive note, knitting all these scarves, I have a wonderful excuse to by cashmere yarn.

Mostly non brain-tumor related thought of the day: Any cashmere or cashmere blend yarn is a good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

I just happened across your blog. We are at the other end of the spectrum...my 17 yr old son was diagnosed with Pilocytic Astrocytoma about the same time as your son. I understand that crushing feeling you have when you hear that your child has a brain tumor. We are lucky in that on December 29th he had brain surgery to remove it. While we have had some wrinkles since then, he is back in school and the prognosis is good. My heart goes out to you. It sounds like you are channeling your energy in the right way and sharing your story can certainly have therapeutic value. Hang in there!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home